BASIC ELEMENTS FOR FAITH
“But without faith it is
impossible to please Him,
for he who comes to God must believe that He is,
and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."
Scripture reveal the significant of “FAITH” in the life of a believer. Faith is both necessary to please God and to live by because we have been justified (Hebrews 10:38). We must know God as He is revealed in the Word, which also reveals God’s requirements for each of us. As we read and meditate on the Word, our living faith in God produces works (James 2:14-17).
1. Knowledge of God (John 3:16-18)
- He has focus: a love for those in the Word.
- He is self sacrificing: God gave His Son.
- He has purpose: Made everlasting life available.
- He is compassionate: Provided mankind a choice to accept or reject Him.
2. The Requirements of God (Hebrews 11:6)
- Must come to God. An act of choice.
- Must believe that God is.
- Must diligently see God. This requires effort on our part.
- Must believe that God is a rewarder.
- Must have faith to please God.
- The Word must be mixed with faith to be profitable.
- The gospel is good news that needs to be preached.
- The Word is powerful, but can be resisted.
4. The Word acted upon revealing our faith (James 2:14-17)
- The Lord is aware of the action of the children of men.
- The Lord is looking for those that understand
and seek Him.
“The Lord looks down from heaven upon the children of men,
to see if there are any who understand, who seek God.” Psalm 14:2 NKJV
5. The Word prayed back to God brings about His purpose (Isaiah 55:11)
- The Lord directs us to pray to Him with the promise of answering.
- The Lord receives the glory as we produce
“…you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples."
These are basic truths that are God honoring and effective. Let us accept our responsibility to trust God, be obedient to His requirements, and reflect the glory due Him. The price has been paid for mankind. Operating by faith, let us touch our world.